Wednesday, August 27, 2014

#MindstepFour: Paradigm Shift Part Two

"I am tired..."

"No, I am not tired. I can do even more."

Yes. We can do more.

Today, I woke up at 3 am although I slept just 2 and a half hours ago. I am the Head Teacher of our school. I am also a tutor, a writer, a blogger, networker and a big businessman in the making--I am just convincing myself! I am also a dreamer, a big dreamer. I want to build an international ESL company. On my mind is a film I entitled, "Seonsaengnim"--it's a Korean word which means teacher.

There are many things that are on my mind so I work really hard to fulfill them. It's for my future but at present, I have to find ways to fulfill them all.

Starting on Monday, I'll be having another tutorial job aside from my 2:00-3:00 tutorial schedule. I'll be having 6-9 pm tutorial classes. I regularly teach. My working hours is from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

2003 when I entered College was the start I became always busy. My days are always consumed with work. I would always sleep late and wake up early. Sometimes I wonder why I don't get sick. But I know it is because of Jesus. He heals me, he empowers me.

Paradigm shift should not remain a paradigm. It entails actions. The bigger your paradigm is, the bigger the actions should be.

Honestly, I feel frustrated everyday because of my dreams. But at the end of it all, they are also what motivate me. I see my dreams today as visions. I am willing to undertake hardships, trials and difficulties to have them in the years to come. This morning, I saw this video and this summarizes what I am talking about.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202610140708898

In the video, the cyclist is on a rocky mountain and the slopes are really deathly dangerous. One wrong move could cause the death of the cyclist. Despite the ups and down and the danger in the situation, the cyclist was able to reach his finish line and received applause with WOWS! from the witnesses of his astonishing ride.

It's not really important what situation, what disappointments, problems, misfortune, lose of hope we are undergoing through The point is: is our mind ready? Ready for what?

          a. To wake up from sleep.
          b. To see what really matters. To see what should be done. To see the why's and how's.
          c. To act despite obstacles, criticisms, disappointments.
          d. To accept failures and defeat --for life lessons.
          e. Courage to always go on with a winning attitude.

Life is full of crossroads but we have to keep moving ahead. If a road is diverging in two, which would we choose? There are always two paths in front of us. Our paradigm would direct us, the end result would tell us if we've got that sound judgment and wisdom.

That is the importance of "paradigm shift". All of us have paradigm but it is up to us whether we'll make a good set of paradigm or we'd choose to just be who and how we used to be; or go back to the old ways or choose the things we thought good enough.

To have a good and effective "paradigm" we must open our mind.

Open our mind to what?

1. We have to accept the fact that what we know is not enough yet. We have to know many things. We don't have to know everything but we have to discover the "assets" that could help us in successfully dealing with our everyday concerns.

I'll give you idea how important a good paradigm is. Let me cite a fishball vendor as a good example. Let's say he's at his early 40, father to 4; married to unhelpful woman.


 (photo source: http://petervandever.com/2013/08/are-poor-filipinos-really-poor)

UNSUCCESSFUL FISHBALL VENDOR: He wakes up worried because of expenses. He prepares breakfast completely annoyed of his nagging wife. After eating a simple meal, perhaps rice and tuyo with noodles, he starts preparing his products-- fishball.
(photo source: http://geneviecua.blogspot.com/2011/08/good-morning.html)
(photo source: http://ascientistinthekitchen.net/blogging/will-be-back-to-blogging)

A pack of fish ball costs 42-45.00 Php. A pack has 100 fish balls. Meaning, a pack could be sold with a profit of 5.00 Php. To sell fish ball, there is a need for gas, cooking oil and fish ball sauce. To maximize the profit, the vendor would sell chicken ball and kikiam. Ric, journalism student from the University of of the Philippines writes about the story of Many Tony, a fish ball vendor. His blog (http://blackhelios.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/mang-tony-and-his-fish-ball-story/)  confirms that a fish ball vendor earns around 300.00 Php, if luck permits 400.00 Php earnings sometimes.

As of June 13, 2011, this is the price list of prime commodities in Philippines at annual inflation rate of 4.6, 3.2 and 3.0 for the years 2011, 2012, 2013 respectively. Last July 2014, Philippine inflation rate was at 4.4.

Here's the link: http://www.gov.ph/2011/06/14/price-list-for-selected-basic-necessities-and-prime-commodities-as-of-june-14-2011/

With this kind of income and expenses most probably, the mother and father would always fight. Low income is not the only problem. Most of underground economy business such as this are being eaten by "5-6". It is a business of some people wherein when you borrow 5,000.00 Php, the money becomes 6, 000.00 Php after a month of using it.

Meeting the needs of 4 kids is really hard especially if they all go to school. Or if there's still a kid in infant stage.


SUCCESSFUL STORY: Grace Gupana, as fish ball vendor once, was awarded by Guinness Book of World Records for:

+ World's Biggest Philippine and Israeli flag.
+ World's biggest 10 Commandment tablet
+ Longest Drawing(5 kilometers and 7 meters)
+ Most blood identification tests in 24 hours: 527)
+ Most cholesterol readings taken in 24 hours: 2,302
+ Most diabetes reading taken in 24 hours: 2,302
+ Most diabetes readings taken in 24 hours: 503


(photo source: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/10718152/image/87703098-grace-galindez-gupana-holds-a-guinness-record-certificate-in-front-of-the-world-s-largest)


 (photo source: http://fil.wikipilipinas.org/index.php/Grace_Galindez-Gupana)

Good paradigm gives birth to successful life.


2. Allow changes in our lives.

Jeremiah 29:11 reminds, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and future."

God tests us. He allows problems and difficulties in our lives but those are still for our own good. Trials and struggles come to us to make us stronger and wiser. Besides, God will never give us what we cannot handle.

Remember, "No pain, no gain."

3. Let God use our lives for His purpose.

God made us. Therefore, we are His. Our lives are His.

When we give our life to God, our days become easier to face; our problems become easier to solve. It is God who sustains our wants and needs. Therefore, He deserves all the glory and honor. Through our lives, God must be glorified. God will do something great in our lives, we just let Him work in and through us.

4. We have to be disciplined to do what God is asking us to do.

Luke 10:2: He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

We should not say we are bored, lazy since there are many things to do.

If we feel sad, we could go out and make someone happy. If we cannot solve a problem, we could just look for someone whom we could help solve his/her problem--let's give God the work of solving our problems when we can't. If we feel alone, let's think we can do many things for others. Many kids can't read. Many kids can't add, can't subtract yet. Why don't we help them? If we know Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, why don't we tell a friend, a Facebook friend or to a neighbor about Him?

5. Open our mind to the lessons of books, especially the Bible.
Always think we are an empty cup every time. We'd realize there are more things that we have to know and learn.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good pleasing and perfect will." --Romans 12:2


UP NEXT:

#MindstepFive: #Discipline


To God Be The Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment