Monday, August 18, 2014

#MindstepThree: #GoodValueSystemPart2

Looking at the mirror allows us to judge ourselves whether we look good or bad; or if there is something we have to do to improve our appearance.

What good things could happen should we just opt to apply good value system in the way we live---and why do we experience bad?

When we wake up in the morning, we have a choice what kind of paradigm we will believe in.

We have two options always.

After the clock alarms, we could:
Option A: Stop the alarm and get up to face the day.
Option B: Stop the alarm, feel there's a need for longer sleep, unready, lazy.

It's not important whether we stand immediately after the alarm or not.

The quality of work and productivity of the day matter.

If we choose A but we do something unproductive and cheap in the course of the day, it is worst than struggling to stand up but we do what God wants us to accomplish for the day after deciding to finally get up from bed.

After getting up, we have a choice if we would start with God through praying and reading the Bible; or express our negative emotions on others. We could think and behave negatively, affecting the people around us the same way.

The choice is ours.

Most often, we choose to do bad not necessarily because we want to do bad, or we are bad. We are just not aware of the benefits of the good things we do for others and for God. Most often, we listen to what our body tells us to do.

Kids lie, fight with each other and do stuffs what satan tells them. In the same manner, now that we are adult, we get to also encounter satan. That is the reason why we also commit mistakes and sins.

One time, I asked myself why do I do the things I don't like doing~ and yet I know that the effect of those is bad.

I realized, it is because I don't understand my purpose why I am here on earth. I was always concerned with the things regarding my body~ what I think, what I feel and what I want.

I didn't fully know that God has a purpose in my life.

Rick Warren, in his best selling book The Purpose Driven Life, asked, "What on Earth am I here for?"

On the first Chapter of the book, he discussed that life is not about ourselves. We have to look at life in the point of view of the living God. That we are made special for His purpose.

Jesus Christ came to save us from perish in hell. It is selfishness if I know Jesus, I am going to heaven because of Him and I won't do something for others to know Jesus Christ.

We could acquire the best value system by looking at how Jesus Christ lived. His life is accounted in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John of the New Testament of the Bible. In the succeeding books, it is accounted how he was followed by Christians whose life was touched, moved and changed by the Lord.

Acquiring bad value system happens when we don't realize God has a wonderful plan in our lives. If we will just allow God, He can use us for the "Great Commission". He wants all mankind to be saved. To go to heaven.

Some people are blinded by wealth, by fortune and fame. Some people are blinded by love for others. Some are blinded by their love for himself/herself.

The Bible is very straightforward in teaching us. Here is what it says when we don't walk the good path.

And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
                                                                                                      --Matthew 5:30

SIN is with us when we are in bad value system. It is sin that separates us from God's love.


Matthew 26:41: Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Good value system begins with our willingness to participate in the advancement of God's kingdom. It becomes more evident when we allow Christ to shine in our lives. We can never be perfect. We can never be who others want us to perfectly be. But God has a perfect plan in our lives. That will give us a sense of purpose.

Matthew 5:13-16 tells how wonderful, precious we are. And this is why we have to have good value system.

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and gives light to anyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

YOU ARE THE SALT AND LIGHT OF THE WORLD!


We have two options:
Option A: Ignore the teachings of the Bible.
Option B: Spend time to know what It is telling us.

Option A: Obey what the Bible is telling us.
Option B: Don't care.

We will never be able to understand the Bible without the help of the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that guides us everyday in our walk with God. Without the Holy Spirit, it is impossible for us to understand the mysteries of the Bible, to see The Light.

                                       (photo source: http://kingsenglish.info/2011/08/30/fell-by-the-wayside/)

Up Next:


#MindstepFour: #ParadigmShift


To God Be The Glory



No comments:

Post a Comment