II Corinthians 5: 17 reminds us, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
When I became a Christian, I was always worried people would know me and talk about the bad things I've done. My mind was very negative. I would always think, what if people wouldn't like me anymore if ever they'd discover who I was. There was always an idea on my mind that's negative.
Whenever some people were talking, I always had thinking it was me whom they're talking about. Bad thoughts.
"I don't look good."
"I feel poor."
"They might not like me."
"I don't like the way I talk."
"Something bad might happen."
...and so on...
My mind was always filled with negative thoughts. It's just recently that I realized, with those thoughts on my mind, had my life improved? No. In fact, it's becoming worse.
II Corinthians 5:17 reminded me that I should claim God's forgiveness and the gift of new life. I have to claim that with Jesus Christ, I am cleansed and all unrighteousness from the past are all erased. I have to believe I am BORN AGAIN. Like a baby--empty, waiting to be filled with God's love.
I learned that satan is always around to break us, to feed our mind with bad thoughts. In my case, satan filled my mind with negative self-image. I've thought of all the bad I could thought of about myself.
To erase this kind of thinking, we have to reprogram our belief window. Belief window are the things we believe about our life. If we have bad belief window, bad things might happen to us. If we have good belief window, positive outcomes might take place. We no longer think problems and hindrances as they are. We now look ahead at the effect of them in us. That they'd make us better people after any storm.
In my case, I wrote many positive things which I would read every morning and every night. Sometimes, I tend to disagree with those but again and again, I have to make myself believe them.
They are impossible to think of but I've decided to just believe them. Besides, I'm choosing to walk my journey the positive way.
The list is on my Facebook. Here's the link: (My 2014 Paradigm https://www.facebook.com/notes/joniver-carlos-juane/my-2014-paradigm/10151985383787740)
1. God loves me.
2. I love God more than anything else.
3. I fear the Lord.
4. Today is the best day of my life.
5. I am successful.
6. I am happy
7. I always smile.
8. I'm optimistic.
9. I share and give.
10. I share the gospel and salvation.
11. I don't have debt.
12. I am healthy and wealthy.
13. I have healthy and contented family life.
14. God grants my every need.
15. God sustains me.
16. I am responsible.
17. I am reaching my dreams one step at a time.
18. I am having all my dreams at hand at the right time.
19. Reaching my dreams though impossible is a possible thing with God.
20. I am creative and proactive.
21. I pray as much as possible.
22. I read the Bible as often as possible.
23. I am a billionaire.
24. God uses me for a purpose.
25. People like and love me.
26. I start and finish my tasks.
27. I help other people as much as I can, as long as I can.
28. I love my jobs.
29. I have strong spiritual network.
30. I have healthy and wealthy business network.
31. God is being blessed and glorified though my life.
32. I face each new day with renewed spirit and enthusiasm.
33. I give my best, do my best and excel at my best.
34. I practice 5S.
35. Everyday is a busy day in preparation for the future.
36. I rise from bed after the alarm
37. People are gonna buy from me cars, house and lot and a lot lot more!
38. I'm gonna have my The BELL Experience books printed this 2014.
39. The BELL Experience becomes a global brand.
40. 2014 is gonna be a year of continuous blessings.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
-Philippians 4:13
Battling against satan is the hardest thing. When satan sees our weaknesses, he works out on that to make us his slave, to bring us into darkness. If satan sees we are weak in things connected with money, he will bring us to the things connected with money. If we are weak with fleshly desires, he brings us to the things connected with fleshly desires. If we are weak, if we don't have Jesus Christ in our lives, it would be easy for satan to devour us.
How do we fight against satan?
1. We have to think God has a very big gift for us if we stay away from satan.
2. We have to always communicate with God for empowerment against satan. satan is strong when we are weak for having no guard. Our guard is the Holy Spirit and the power of the blood of Jesus Christ living in us.
3. God speaks to us through His Word, the Bible. It would be nice and empowering, enlightening to read it as often as we can.
4. Pray.
5. Surround yourself with people who love Jesus as well. The people we are with affect us tremendously. If we are surrounded by negative people, we are most likely to be negative as well. If we are with positive and encouraging people, we will be like them too.
What if you are a loner?
It's your time to get out of your shell. In loneliness. Approach someone, look for friends. Don't be afraid to be hurt by others. Be a friend and you'd see that people are all loners. We all need a friend. To have a friend, the best thing is to be a friend to others. In that way we gain friends.
While taking a bath this morning, this paragraph was what's on my mind.
Don't be selfish so as to claim all the problems of the world are yours alone. Others are just brave enough to smile, face the world with confidence in God and think there are good things bigger than one's problems.
Up Next:
#MindstepThree: #GoodValueSystem
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
No comments:
Post a Comment