Somewhere???
This is a place of unknown. Just like you, though I know I would be going Somewhere, I don't know how to get there. Where? Somewhere!
Have you had times where you wanted to go somewhere but you couldn't go? Or you didn't want to go? Or you wanted to go somewhere but you didn't know where is Somewhere?
Today, I am making a promise to go Somewhere. To go there, I have to take steps.
Here are the steps I am planning to take to go Somewhere.
1. Know God well.
2. Be the best teacher I could be.
3. Make The BELL Experience a global brand.
4. Make a movie entitled Seonsaengnim.
5. Establish an international Events company.
Just like you, I am a dreamer. I've got all the wildest dreams my mind could possibly conceive. And now, I've decided to stop dreaming and start working to achieve all of them. It's not going to be easy. To be able to have what I want, I need #mindstep. Journey To My Heart was the original title of this blog site but unfortunately, it's no longer available. I changed it to A Walk to My Heart. While writing, I realized I needed a word for others to understand what I want to say.
The word #mindstep "lightbulbed" on my mind. I googled about the meaning of the word just to find out that there is a company that is also in the field of education already bearing the name--> Mindsteps, Inc. I thought it's a unique word I could proudly say mine.
Anyway, this is my blog site that is into sharing my thoughts, ideas on how to attain one's dreams.
For me, #Mindstep is mindset(s) I should have to step up to reaching my dreams.
#MindstepOne -- #EmpowermentThroughJesusChrist
I strongly believe that knowing God is the first step to attaining my dreams. Without God, I am nothing. Without God, I lack a sense of direction. I lose focus and purpose to move on when trials come so I have to put God in my heart and mind. I have to stand still and faithful.
I just want to make myself believe that my dreams are possible. All things are possible with God~ that's true. The problem is: my heart loses trust, faith and confidence in God whenever trials come. That makes my dreams impossible.
Philippians 4:13 tells us, "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." I can reach my dreams through Jesus Christ.
Who is Jesus Christ?
http://www.whoisjesus.com/whois.html
Why do I need Jesus Christ?
He is my Savior. He is the reason why I will go to Heaven. He gives me purpose to live. He is also the reason why I am pursuing this blog site.
Without Jesus Christ, my mind would never be enlightened. I'd never have enough wisdom to understand life. All my hardships and successes would be nothing without Jesus Christ.
How did Jesus Christ give me a new life?
I was a dreamer then. April 2001 when I graduated from high school. June 2001, my mother pushed me to enroll for College although I knew it would be hard for our family since we're not well-off. I dropped Architecture because of financial difficulties. Before that year ended, I started writing novels but they won't get published. Some people told me to quit, some laughed at me for trying hard, some people just merely watched me, some people helped me.
I remember when the editor of the company where I submitted my first unpublished novel told me to meet him in his office. I was then happy thinking, finally my first book would be published. But when I met him, his face was sad, holding my 256 page-work. He made himself clear to me why my work won't be published.
I realized, he just pitied me. I remember, I first submitted the manuscript on diskette but the file was corrupted. Since I didn't have my own computer then, I would just rent--per hour-- just to have that written. Since I didn't have money to retype the manuscript, I submitted the manuscript neatly handwritten.When he read it the treatment of the story was disappointing, vulgar. But I was inspired that he met me. I kept writing. After a year before 2002 ended, my first book got approved for publication.
I remember I prayed really hard for that manuscript to be approved.
When I received my first pay, I got disappointed. After a year--or so-- of writing a novel, I received a small amount of money.
Maybe, my brother pitied me. He asked me to attend a Christian Youth Fellowship. He was the active leader of it. I felt God's enlightenment when I attended the fellowship. I guess, I had hunger for The Word since I used to go to Christian church, attend Vacation Bible School every summer vacation when I was young.
God's enlightenment made me like going to church.
April 1, 2003, I started to work as salesman in a jewelry shop my aunt owned. June of that same year, I enrolled in College to take up B.S. Education Major in English using the money I was able to save. On the first quarter of 2004, our shop got robbed. My aunt lost millions. The trauma made me decide to go back to writing novels since every Sunday of summer vacation of 2004, I would attend romance writing workshop in Philippines' biggest romance book publication.
June 2004, I was a sophomore student then. It was hard to write books at the same time read College books. I had to study well because I was a scholar sponsored by the Municipal and Provincial fund. That made me quit writing.
When I still didn't know God, my mind was always in trouble. That time, I told my problem to our church. One of the church members asked if I wanted to teach in her school. November 2004, I started to teach in a school. My schedule was to teach Mathematics for Grade 4 and tutor 2 kids for an hour. I would receive 1,800 pesos(around 40 dollars) a month since the school only had about 80 students. I was also given a chance to teach Scouting in different schools in Cavite, a province south of Manila. I worked joyfully and wholeheartedly. I just offered my work to the Lord.
I loved the experience that I was asked to continue teaching for the new school year. June 2005, I was a third year student and a teacher to Filipinos and some foreigners. The school had 200 pupils/students.
Since then, my schedule was:
7:00 am- 2:00 pm---> I teach in a school.
3:00 pm-9:00 pm---> I study (My college was around 1 hour away from our house.)
10:00pm -I tutored Koreans. I would finish teaching them depending on their homework and willingness to study.
Knowing Jesus Christ empowered me to do the tasks I thought impossible to do. I had College homework, projects and quizzes at the same time I had lessons to teach as teacher. I also had tutees to attend to. I was able to do them all because Jesus Christ empowered me.
Up Next:
#MindstepTwo -- #CleansingAndRenewal


No comments:
Post a Comment